KidGamers.org launched last month.Â Very promising review site who have a nice description of what makes their reviews different:
- What skills do kids need to play the game? Some games require fast reflexes, some require logic skills, and some require reading. All skills that may be problematic for your child. These may be games to avoid, or games to pick up to help your children grow.
- Is the ESRB rating accurate? As I said above, the ESRB ratings just give the basics about what content is in the game. Our reviews will go into more detail. Maybe the rating was too low. Maybe it was too high. Our reviews will discuss what we think the rating really should be. Every parent is different of course, so help us to provide more information. If a game had foul language that we missed, point it out. If we make a mistake about the level of violence, let us know. We want the reviews here to help all parents, so the more information the better.
- What did our kids really think? Every game here will be played by one of the authors’ kids. Real kids are playing these games and our reviews will reflect that.
- Our reviews will focus on the pre-teen and younger audience. Our reviews will primary cover video games for consoles and handhelds, but PC/Mac games may be covered as well.
- Lastly, most parents don’t want to just let their kids play games by themselves. Our reviewers will also play the games and tell if they enjoyed playing it as well.
There are so many games and so many review sites, that it is heartening to a site with knowledgeable parents and plenty of kids to test the games out.
Kudos guys and can’t wait to see more!