Fishing in Zelda – Twilight Princess is much like real fishing….
- a bit slow
- and fun when you are catching!
A few tips from our Master Angler, Harry:
- Bee Larva improves your fishing (you can eat bee larva, if you really wanted too)
- Can be purchased in town from Sera’s Sundries
- Can be scooped from knocked down bee hives (a nice task for you hawk) You’ll need an empty bottle, so get one from the Sera and drink the milk that is in it.
- Casting is pretty easy – hold down B and toss it out into the water.
- You can aim by facing where you want to cast.
- Faster throws will cast a big further out.
- Always remember to wear your wrist strap.
- When the bobber balances, you’ll see a fish tug.
- Pull your arm straight up and if you have the fish hooked you’ll see:
- Fish Journal
- Use your “+” and find the journal in your inventor.
- Press “A” to open it
- You’ll see the largest of each fish breed and a count.
Zelda is a catch and release game, at least so far. On occassion Sera’s kitty will grab your fish and run off with it, but you don’t get to keep the fish yourself.
Right now, my sons are too far along in the game and not close to water, so they are fishing on my game file. I’m getting a little weary of catfish, and expect to go wandering soon.